The camp program, endorsed by leading Rabbis and professionals, is free and available online - (https://asap.care/summer- camps/) and includes the following elements:
- Directors Guide (which includes safety protocol) - https://asap.care/wp-content/ uploads/2018/01/Guide-for- Directors-FINAL.pdf
- Animated training videos and certification exam for counselors and staff - https://asap.care/summer- camps/counselors/
- Video 1 - https://youtu.be/pjJ-YwQCfz8
- Video 2 - https://youtu.be/aOzTZJUVDL4
- Video 3- https://youtu.be/YkkOY_aLJnI
- Video 4 - https://youtu.be/B0fBVDBOTzU
- Guidelines for parents - https://asap.care/summer- camps/for-parents/
- Additional safety protocol to protect children who need more physical and intimate care as well as those with communication challenges (available upon request).
By having the counselors participate in the program and complete certification before camp, you will be filtering out potential abusers and sending a clear message to counselors, campers, and parents that you are educated, aware, and will not tolerate abuse. Additionally, while safety guidelines are there to protect the best interests of the campers, they will also protect counselors from false accusations, something many have become fearful of.
I am happy to set up a time to speak with you and discuss how the program can be adapted to the specific needs of your camp.
ASAP: Association for Sexual Abuse Prevention and Treatment